1) After every lash appointment, you must avoid the shower, sweating, steam, makeup, water, excessive brushing, and touching your lashes for 24-48 hours
2) Avoid Sleeping on your face; this causes your lashes to be pulled out by the pillowcase and sheets; try sleeping on your back. Doing this will also help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles Win Win!!!
3) When deciding to get lash extensions to keep in mind that everyone’s lashes are different. Never expect your lashes to look like someone else’s. Results will vary depending on the eye shape and natural lashes.
4) Summertime can be rough for the lashes! Keep oily sunscreens away from the lashes; when you get out of the water, dab the eyelashes dry, do not rub them; Steam from hot tubs can weaken the adhesive; try not to soak for too long! Ocean water may cause your lashes to stick together, be sure to shower/cleanse your lashes & gently comb them afterward!
5)The more you touch your lashes, the more likely they are to fall out. The natural oils in your skin can cause the adhesive to break down, so do your best to keep your hands away from your eyes.
6) Combing your lashes gently will help them last longer. Sometimes lashes get twisted and wonky; brush them once a day or after every shower! When the lashes are wet, they tend to stick together; you don’t want them to dry that way!
7) Take a shower the morning of your lash appointment! You won’t be able to water or steam for 24-48 hours after!
8) Do your eyes twitch once the under eye gel pads are placed during your appointment? Here’s a quick fix! Avoid drinking caffeine before your appointment. Caffeine is a stimulant that can cause rapid movements in the eyes.
9) To cleanse your lashes, use an oil-free foaming cleanser & a fluffy eyeshadow brush! Crazy right? Well, if you use cotton to cleanse the lashes and lash line, it pulls at the base and causes the lashes to fall out! The soft bristles of the eyeshadow brush don’t pull!
10) After you get your beautiful new lash set, avoid sleeping on your face buried in the pillow! Cotton pillows tend to pull and rub at the lashes’ base, causing them to fall out sooner. Try sleeping on a silk pillowcase; they cause less friction and better skin and hair.
11) Don’t use any products containing oil on your face or around your eyes, oil break down the lash adhesive.
12) Come to your lash appointments with clean lashes, which will increase more lash time on your eyes.